Cold calling, email blast, print ads, TV ads, and trade shows --these are forms of outbound marketing. These traditional marketing strategies are becoming less effective as people are becoming more and more dependent on the internet technology for their shopping, researching, networking/socializing, and other tasks. Many people see outbound marketing as intrusive. In fact, in 2010, 200 Million Americans was said to have registered on the Federal Trade Commission's "Do Not Call" list.
Internet has revolutionize how people do business. Hence, marketing has to adapt to the changes. This is where Hubspot comes in.
Hubspot is the pioneer in inbound marketing. Inbound marketing is defined as marketing that focused on getting found by customers rather than companies finding their customers. This marketing method involves the use of videos, blogs, ebooks, SEO, webinars and RSS or feeds.
Never underestimate the power of inbound marketing. In Hubspot's blog post Inbound Marketing & the Next Phase of Marketing on the Web it cited Gary Vaynerchuk as a testimony of video blogging success. Vaynerchuk turned New Jersey liquor store into a $50-million-a-year business in just the span of 2 years.
- Spend less or even for free. It's free to set up accounts in Facebook and Twitter.
- Target your customers. Unlike outbound marketing, inbound marketing makes content or information of your products, services or company available to people who are actually seeking for it. They initiate the interest to do business with you.
- Invest. You invest in creating and putting your quality content in the web.
- Speed up sales conversion. Customers who are coming to you express their intent to do business with your company. It is more easy to convert these leads into sales.
- Join our three-part series to learn how you can leverage LinkedIn to attract new leads for your business.
- Sooner you get familiar with the new Facebook page design, the bigger competitive advantage you can gain.
- Twitter is a place for engagement with followers; but it's also a place to generate leads and drive new sales for your organization.
- Download this new guide to access ten quick ways to start building inbound links using social media.
- Learn how to grow your email list, ensure deliverability and increase engagement with this free guide.